RECIPE BY NATALIE FROM NATTYLOUVISUALARTIST
Coconut bowls aren't just for summer! There's nothing more comforting than a hearty soup during the cooler months. Easy-to-make and deliciously hearty, this wholesome chunky soup will warm your heart and soul.
- 400g cooked lentils
- 2 red capsicums (chopped)
- Half a pumpkin (cut into chunks)
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 3-4 cloves garlic
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp onion powder
- Salt + pepper to taste
- Life of Coco Boracay boho carved coconut bowl
- Life of Coco reusable wooden spoon
- Pre-heat oven to 180C. Line a baking tray with baking paper and roast the capsicum for approx. 15 mins (until soft and starting to colour).
- In the meantime, add 1 tbsp coconut oil to your pot. Fry garlic till starting to soften then add all your spices. Fry until aromatic.
- Add the pumpkin and lentils and stir through spices. Pour in 1 litre of filtered water and cook for 10-15 mins or until the pumpkin is tender. Finally add the capsicum to your pot.
- Using a blender/bullet/stick blender, pulse till desired consistency. Add more water if your soup is too thick.
- Pour into your Life of Coco Boracay boho carved coconut bowl, serve and enjoy!
TIP. Keep some of the chunky veg to layer on top of the soup for a really hearty meal. Be sure to serve once cool.